Friday, July 12, 2013

//Fancy Fridays// Good Health Natural Foods: Kettle Style Avocado Oil Chips

Today we're starting a new feature on the blog: Fancy Fridays. On Fridays when I remember to post I will feature more ~upscale~ chip varietals. This weeks choice is avocado oil kettle chips in Chilean lime. I have purchased them at the Walgreens on 11th and Locust, as well as the infamous Fu Wah bodega, which has a pretty solid chip collection.



Now, you ask yourself, Emily must really like these chips because she's purchased them twice. Well, you're right. I would give them a 4/5. these are one of the best ~upscale~ chip varietals I've tried. Loyal readers will know how I felt about the ~upscale~ lays kettle chips -- I feel medium. These are delicious. Appropriate crunch, not injurious to the mucous membranes. Nice golden hue and appropriate oil content. Small green flecks.

I have only eaten the chilean lime variety because you know how I love a wild chip flavor. They have a VERY fine powder and a light citrus flavor; it is really quite enjoyable. I shared these with a classmate Nicole 1, who enjoyed them immensely as well. We finished off a medium sized bag retailing for $2.65 in just 20 minutes.



The chips leave an incredibly fine film on the fingers; if Cheetos is 7 out of 10, 10 being the messiest snack you can imagine, these were maybe a 2.75. I paired them with a Vitamin Water XXX and it was a great snack. Go forth chips lovers and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment